Do we have any control over our engagement? 🤔
In today’s fast-paced social media landscape, engagement is the currency that drives brand success NOT 👍 likes or ❤️ hearts. As we navigate the complexities of 2023 heading into 2024, one thing is abundantly clear: video content is leading the charge in maximizing user engagement.
But how effective is video content, really? In this comprehensive report, we’ll delve into the statistics, strategies, and success stories that prove why video content is the undisputed champ of creating audience engagement.
The Rise of Video Content
Exponential Growth 📈
Over the past few years, video content has seen exponential growth, becoming a cornerstone of digital marketing strategies. According to a report by Cisco back in 2020, video traffic was predicted to make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic by the end of 2023. And here we are with the number debatably coming in around 80%. This staggering statistic underscores the increasing consumption of video over other forms of content, such as text and images, and should make you think about the importance of your own video content.
Why Video Grabs Attention
🧠 It’s All About the Human Brain
The human brain is wired to be attracted to visual and auditory stimuli. Video content caters to this innate preference by combining both elements at once, making it an incredibly effective medium for capturing attention. Then, we add Storytelling to the recipe and the power of video increases even more!
Moreover, in an age where attention spans are dwindling, at least attention for poorly thought-out content anyway, video offers a dynamic and engaging way to convey information quickly and effectively.
If a picture is worth 1,000 words… What is a video worth?
Types of Video Content That Engage
🧠 The Psychology Behind It
Here are some atypical types of video content that can boost engagement, each serving a unique purpose:
- Explainer Videos: Ideal for breaking down complex topics into digestible information.
- Webinars: Great for deep dives into specific subjects, often featuring expert insights.
- Live Streams: Perfect for real-time engagement and community building.
For instance, our “3-Hour Studio” product can set you up for success to be able to create all of the above at a professional level and create those engagement goals you’ve been wishing for.
Case Studies: Brands Doing it Right
⛅️ Adobe Creative Cloud:
- Adobe Creative Cloud has a content hub that taps into advanced digital features and a robust metadata framework to unleash creativity at scale. They focus on providing one source of truth for their 12 offices and 150 external teams.
- Engagement Strategy: Adobe emphasizes customer testimonials and interviews, cutting them into compelling video case studies. This approach not only showcases their products but also builds trust and engagement with their audience.
- Example: Adobe puts content at the center of everything
- Red Bull is known for its daring advertising and extreme sports content. Their courage in taking chances captures the attention of a younger audience.
- Engagement Strategy: Red Bull uses content marketing to drive brand awareness and engagement. They focus on extreme sports, distribution, productivity, and innovation to connect with their audience.
- Example: How Red Bull Uses Content Marketing to Drive Brand Awareness
- Lenovo is a tech company that effectively markets to millennials and Gen Zers. They focus on high-performing content and measure its impact down to the dollar.
- Engagement Strategy: Lenovo uses content marketing case studies to sell the efficacy of its approach. They target tech-savvy younger generations and focus on ROI.
- Example: 6 Content Marketing Case Studies from Top Brands
These brands have successfully leveraged video content to engage their audience and drive growth. They offer valuable insights into how to create compelling, effective video content strategies.
How to Create Engaging Video Content
🔴 More Than Just Hitting Record
Here’s a step-by-step high-level guide of what to keep front of mind:
- Identify Your Audience: Know who you’re targeting. Please don’t guess at this, it’s worth spending a fair amount of time and resources to nail this part.
- Choose the Right Format: Based on your audience’s preferences, choose the most effective video type. Are you going live, hosting webinars, building courses, 1:1 consulting, or growing a YouTube channel?
- Script and Outline: Plan your content meticulously. If your video content doesn’t have a job to go do… why are you creating it in the first place? My “Solar System Methodology” Framework shows you how to think about your video content strategy.
- Production: Use high-quality equipment and software and then put together an edit that will knock their socks off. Our “Hot Sauce Editing” monthly subscription service can help you with this.
- Publish and Promote: Use multiple channels for maximum reach but also find the one that serves your best and go all in there. Make sure to give them someplace to go next as well.
Measuring Your Effectiveness
🤔 KPIs and Having Your Finger on The Pulse of Your Business
To truly understand the impact of your video content, it’s crucial to track Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Tools like Google Analytics can provide valuable insights into metrics like view count, average watch time, and engagement rate. YouTube (owned by Google) has the best video analytics on the planet, hands down. Even when you upload videos natively to a platform like LinkedIn, you can get great engagement analytics on your videos.
I use all of this information to constantly get better at creating video content that serves my purposes but also helps my audience learn how to look and sound great on camera.
As we venture further into the digital age, the effectiveness of video content in driving engagement is undeniable. By understanding the types of video that resonate with your audience and measuring its impact effectively, you can unlock unprecedented levels of brand success.