Video Is Deeply Entrenched In Modern Marketing, Are You Implementing It Into Your Business? 🎥 📈
This will sound cliché but I am going to say it anyway.
In today’s digital landscape, video marketing is no longer optional; it’s essential. Let’s talk about video marketing. It’s become a big deal in today’s digital scene. Did you know the average person watches over 100 minutes of video each day? That’s huge, and it’s why your business can’t afford to sit this one out.
But diving into video marketing isn’t something to do on a whim. It needs a good plan, and that’s what we’re here for. We’ve put together a guide to help you craft a video marketing strategy that really lines up with your business goals. Let’s get into it, shall we?”
1. Define Your Objective
Why It’s Crucial to Get This Right:
Let’s take a moment before you even think of pressing ‘record’. Knowing exactly what you want to get out of your video marketing efforts is key. Think of it like setting out on a road trip without a map – you wouldn’t do that, right? I mean if you’re like me you are at least using GPS to get there.
The same goes for your video marketing campaign. Without well-defined goals, you’re basically wandering without a destination. You need these goals not just to guide you, but also to help you figure out how well you’re doing along the way.
Your Game Plan:
Identify your primary and secondary goals:
- Primary Goal Example: Increasing brand awareness. This could mean creating videos that highlight your brand’s unique story or values, aiming to reach a wider audience and create a strong brand identity.
- Secondary Goal Example: Enhancing customer engagement. This might involve creating interactive or educational content that encourages viewers to engage with your brand, like how-to videos or Live Q&A sessions held on LinkedIn and YouTube.
Set measurable KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) to track your progress:
- KPI for Increasing Brand Awareness: Track metrics like video views, shares, and the increase in social media followers. For example, aiming for a 20% increase in social media followers within three months of starting your video campaign.
- KPI for Driving Website Traffic: Monitor the click-through rate (CTR) from your videos to your website, and the subsequent increase in website traffic. For instance, setting a target to double the website traffic from video sources in a quarter.
- KPI for Boosting Sales: Measure the conversion rate from video views to sales. This could be setting a target like achieving a 15% increase in sales attributed to customers who watched your promotional videos.
2. Get Inside Your Audience’s Head
Here’s Why You Really Need to Do This:
Think of it this way: you’re throwing a party. You wouldn’t pick the music without knowing who’s coming, right? The same goes for your video content. Knowing who’s watching (or who you want to be watching) is super important. It’s all about making stuff that clicks with them – their likes, needs, and even their Friday night scrolling habits. Get this right, and your videos will be like magnets, pulling your audience in. 🧲⚡️
Here’s How You Can Nail It:
- Time for some detective work! Dive into some serious market research. Who exactly is your ‘ideal customer’? Are they young professionals glued to LinkedIn, or busy parents browsing Facebook? What keeps them up at night? Understanding their age, job, and even their hobbies can make a world of difference.
- Put on your writer’s hat and start creating buyer personas. These are like characters in a story – but they’re based on your real audience. Think about their daily routines, challenges, and goals. For example, meet ‘Entrepreneur Emma’, who’s juggling her startup and needs quick, effective marketing tips, or ‘Corporate Carl’, who’s looking to upscale his company’s digital presence.
These steps will help you craft video content that’s not just seen but felt. Your audience will feel like you’re speaking directly to them, and that’s when the magic happens.
3. Pick The Perfect Playground for Your Videos
Why Picking the Right Spot is a Game-Changer:
Imagine you’re a DJ, and you have to choose between a cozy coffee shop and a buzzing nightclub to play your set. Tricky, right? That’s kind of what choosing the right platform for your video marketing is like. Each social media platform is its own world, with a unique crowd and vibe. The place you choose to showcase your videos can really make or break how well your campaign does. Blasting Prada at 6 a.m. in Starbucks… Don’t Be That Guy.
Let’s Break Down How to Ace This:
- Adopt a Sherlock Holmes mindset. Where do your ideal customers hang out online? Maybe your audience loves scrolling through Instagram, or perhaps they’re more about deep-diving into topics on YouTube. Time to dig into the data and see where your videos are most likely to get love.
- Now, let’s talk features. Each platform has its own toolkit. Instagram’s great for short, snappy stories, while YouTube is perfect for longer, more detailed content. Consider what each platform can do for you. Does LinkedIn’s professional environment suit your brand better, or are you aiming for TikTok’s viral potential?
Choosing the right platform is all about where your audience is and what you can do there. It’s about putting your videos where they’ll shine the brightest. So, pick wisely and watch your campaign thrive!
4. Map Out Your Video Voyage 🚀
Why Sticking to a Schedule is Super Important:
Let’s face it, consistency is king in the world of marketing. It’s like your favorite TV show – you know exactly when to tune in for the next episode, right? The same principle applies to your video marketing. Regular, predictable posting keeps your audience hooked and coming back for more. I use this equation to obtain that ever elusive lever that we entrepreneurs can pull when it comes to video content strategy… Constistency!
Preparation + Presentation × Camera Presence ÷ Production + Distribution = Consistency
Here’s Your Plan of Attack:
- First up, brainstorm time! Jot down all the awesome content ideas you have for the next few months. Think about themes, special events, or any trending topics you want to jump on. This is your creative playground – have fun with it!
- Now, it’s time to get organized. Grab a calendar and start plotting. Decide when you’ll drop each piece of content. Will it be a weekly Wednesday wisdom video or a fun Friday FAQ session? And don’t forget to mix up where you post – some videos might rock on Instagram, while others are perfect for LinkedIn or YouTube.
5. Craft Top Notch Videos
Think about a time when you clicked on a video and it looked like it was shot in a dimly lit basement with a potato. Because of my work I see this on a daily basis. Not great, right?
That’s exactly why nailing the quality of your videos is a must. In the video world, quality is more than just a fancy word – it’s about making sure your brand shines bright and clear. Subpar videos might do more harm than good, turning off potential followers or customers. This is truly why “3-Hour Studio” exists.
How to Make Your Videos Stand Out: Remember, in the world of video marketing, quality isn’t just about looking good – it’s about creating a connection and building trust with your audience. Let’s make each video a masterpiece!
- Gear Up or Team Up: Consider investing in some solid equipment – a good camera, a great microphone, and some LED lights. If that sounds overwhelming, think about bringing in the pros. Hiring a professional production team like us can be a game changer. We know our stuff, from the best angles to the perfect lighting for your environment, long term goals, and budget.
- Stay True to Your Brand: Every video you make should scream ‘This is us!’ Make sure your videos mirror your brand’s personality. If your brand is all about fun and quirkiness, let that shine through. If it’s more on the sophisticated side, keep it sleek and polished. Your videos are like your brand’s ambassadors – they should tell your story in the most authentic way possible.
6. Boost Your Videos With SEO Magic
Why SEO Isn’t Just a ‘Nice-to-Have’:
You know how you type something into Google and click on the first few results? That’s SEO at work for written content. But guess what? It’s just as essential for your videos. It’s all about making sure your videos don’t just get lost in the sea of digital content but actually get seen by your audience. I am sure you have noticed some of your Google search results are literally YouTube videos right there embedded to watch. 🔎 🎥
Here’s How to Make SEO Work for Your Videos:
- Let’s Play the Keyword Game: Think about what your audience might be typing into their search bars. These are your golden keywords. Sprinkle them wisely in your video titles, descriptions, and tags. It’s like leaving breadcrumbs for search engines to find your content.
- Don’t Forget Captions and Transcripts: Ever watched a video on mute and read the captions? That’s one more reason to include them. Captions and transcripts make your videos more accessible to a wider audience and give your SEO a nice boost. It’s a win-win! Using tools like Wystia, you can even transcribe the videos embedded on your website and make them SEO rich and easier to find.
Optimizing your videos for search engines is like giving them a VIP pass to the top of search results. Let’s make sure your videos get the spotlight they deserve! Pro Tip: Hardly anyone is doing this stuff.
7. Keep an Eye on the Prize (AKA Your Video Analytics)
Why Playing Detective With Your Data is Key:
There’s a saying in the biz world: “What gets measured gets managed.” And it’s spot on, especially when it comes to your videos. Think of your video campaign as a living, breathing thing. To make sure it’s healthy and thriving, you’ve got to keep tabs on how it’s doing. Are people watching? Are they engaging? Are they clicking through and are they watching all the way through? This is about understanding the return on your investment and knowing what’s working and what’s not.
Action Steps to Stay on Top of Your Game:
- Become Best Friends with Analytics: Dive into analytics tools available on your chosen platforms. These are your crystal balls – they let you peek into how your videos are performing. Look at views, watch time, engagement rates, and more. It’s like getting a health checkup for your video strategy.
- Be Ready to Pivot: Data is your roadmap. If you notice something’s not hitting the mark, don’t be afraid to tweak things. Maybe it’s the time you’re posting, or perhaps the content needs a bit of spice. Data-driven changes can make a huge difference in your campaign’s success.
Remember, monitoring and analyzing isn’t about obsessing over numbers; it’s about learning, improving, and making your next video even more awesome. Keep your eyes on the data, and let it guide your way to video marketing prowess!
8. Evolve and Excel in Your Video Journey
Why Staying Fluid is Your Secret Weapon:
Here’s the thing about the digital world – it’s like a river, always moving, always changing. Sticking to the same old strategy is like paddling upstream. You need to be like water – adaptable, flexible. That’s how you keep up with trends, audience preferences, and all the other fun stuff that makes the digital world tick. It’s not just about surviving; it’s about thriving and staying ahead of the game.
Your Blueprint for Continuous Awesomeness:
- Make Date Nights with Your Analytics: Regular check-ins with your video analytics aren’t just helpful; they’re essential. It’s like having a regular heart-to-heart with your campaign to see how it’s feeling. This will give you insights into what’s working and what might need a little tweak or a total makeover.
- Stay on Your Toes, Ready to Dance: The best strategies are those that can twist and turn with the times. If your data tells you something isn’t working, or if your audience feedback points towards a new direction, don’t shy away from shaking things up. Maybe it’s time to try a new video format or explore a topic you haven’t touched yet. Don’t be afraid to Experiment.
In the world of video marketing, iteration and improvement are the rhythms to dance to. Keep your strategy dynamic, always be ready to learn and adapt, and watch how your video content continues to captivate and engage your audience. Onward and upward
Implementing a successful video marketing strategy may seem daunting, but with careful planning and execution, it’s entirely achievable. By following this step-by-step guide, you’ll be well on your way to creating a video marketing campaign that not only resonates with your target audience but also achieves your business objectives.